Governance Education Opportunities
The WSHA Board also passed a policy statement that will guide WSHA in it's governance education efforts. The links to these documents are below.
WSHA offers many webcasts you may find informative. You may click here to visit the goverance webcast archive. To see all WSHA webcasts, please click here. Below are a examples of some previous governance topics:
- Affiliation Case Study: SW Washington Medical Center & PeaceHealth
- Public Records Act: What Your Hospital Commissioners Need to Know
- Top 5 Do's and Taboos for CEO Performance Appraisals
- Successful Strategic Planning: The Board's Role
- AWPHD Commissioner Resources - For district hospitals
- Best Practices - Policies, tools, "job" descriptions
- Book Recommendations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Governance Websites
- Newsletter - Governing Board Letter - On hiatus (click to access archive)
- Orientations & Webcasts - Webcasts & Presentations
- Patient Safety Resources
- Publications - WSHA governance publications
- Other Resources
- Trustee Magazine
- Association of Washington Public Hospital Districts
- Books - Books on governance and health care.
- Other Resources - Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other useful resources.
- Patient Safety
- Trustee Magazine - Articles of interest published by the Health Forum.
- Websites - Websites on governance and health care.