Quality & Safety
NEW! The first annual Choosing Wisely® Summit will be held Friday, Oct. 30 at the Seattle Airport Marriott: Join health care leaders, stakeholders and national Choosing Wisely representatives on Friday, Oct. 30 for Improving Value in Health Care: The Choosing Wisely Summit, a day-long, in-depth look on ways to provide safer, higher-quality, value based care to patients through the Choosing Wisely initiative in Washington State.
Carbapenem-resistent Enterobacteriaceae Information to download:
Washington hospitals have a commitment to pursue excellence in providing safe, quality health care for the people of Washington State. WSHA believes that, through collective action, we can help our hospitals meet that commitment. The Patient Safety Program provides a number of resource for hospitals across Washington including:
- Safe Table Learning Collaboratives (for more information, contact Carol Wagner)
- CEO & Trustee Patient Safety Summit
- Hospital quality rankings
- Lists of Washington quality reporting requirements (also available in Excel format) and national quality reporting initiatives
- Access to national initiatives
- News alerts and regular newsletters
- Track progress with the Quality Benchmarking System (for more information on QBS, contact Jonathan Bennett)
- Online Bookstore for Patient Safety Material
- Information on quality and safety reporting requirements for hospitals and health systems
Hand Hygiene Videos
Making Care Safer - Washington Hospitals Eliminating Infections
WSHA staff is requesting that hospitals with central lines and ventilators complete this spreadsheet. It will help demonstrate the success that has been made in improving quality, reducing hospital stays, and decreasing costs. Please complete and send to Jonathan Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org. In return, your hospital will receive an analysis and report.